Eagle Watch Tour
January 21 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm| $7.50 – $15
Join an interpreter on our pontoon boat as we cruise beautiful Beaver Lake to view and learn about our national symbol, the bald eagle, and other wildlife. Tours depart Rocky Branch Marina promptly at 3:00 p.m. and are limited to 18 participants. Multiple dates are available during eagle watch season, November – February. Cost: $15 adults, $7.50 children (age 6-12). Registration and pre-payment required. Call 479-789-5000 for more information and to register. COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES ARE IN EFFECT FOR GUEST AND STAFF SAFETY
Participants are to meet at Rocky Branch Recreation Area Marina no later than 2:45 p.m. The cruise departs promptly at 3:00 pm so please allow adequate travel time.
Approximate Travel Time:
from Rogers – 30 min.
from Springdale – 50 min.
from Eureka Springs -50 min.
Directions to Rocky Branch Marina, 8872 Rocky Branch Marina Road, Rogers, AR
- 38 miles 1 hr.
- I-49N to Hwy 412 East
- left on 303 North to Hwy 12
- left to go West until you see 303N. (Note that Hwy 12 splits 303N; so 303N, left on 12W, then a right to get back on 303N.)
- From Hwy 12 and 303 intersections go NORTH (4.2 mi) to Rocky Branch Marina.
From West Rogers:
- 36 miles. I-49, exit #85,
- West Walnut Street (go East)
- left on 2nd St
- right on Locust (Hwy 12). You are 14 miles and 24 minutes away.
- From Hwy 12 and 303 intersections go NORTH (4.2 mi) towards Rocky Branch Marina.
- Once on 303 N, stay to the RIGHT at Coppermine Rd. intersection – stay on Rocky Branch Rd.
- Follow 303 N to “Y” (LaRue Rd./Rocky Branch Rd.) and stay RIGHT on Rocky Branch Rd.
- Drive until dead end at Park Rd. and go LEFT.
- Stay on Park Rd ½ mile to the Army Corps Fee Booth.
- Tell person at fee booth that you are going on a Hobbs eagle tour – you will not be charged an entry fee!
Note new parking area that is convenient to the Hobbs boat: Turn right at first road past fee booth and go towards Rocky Branch Marina. Use the first parking area you come to on the right (white gravel road) and wait there. A park staff member or volunteer will meet you and direct you to the boat.
Total Trip from Hwy. 12 is 4.2 miles.
Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times. Please dress for weather conditions.
Snacks, water and small personal coolers are allowed on the tour boat.
Alcohol, Smoking, and Pets are not allowed on the tour boat.
You will be notified if it becomes necessary to cancel your cruise.
Refunds: The tickets for the cruise are transferable, but not refundable unless we cancel the cruise for safety reasons (weather) or lack of participation. If after you make reservations you cannot attend, call 48 hours in advance of the cruise. We will do our best to reschedule you. If a participant cannot attend a tour due to an emergency, a uniform staff member can approve a refund.